Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

                                                      Photo from A Year of Slow Cooking

I found the BEST blog for crockpot cooking and as an added bonus she does it gluten-free.  I am a true fan of Stephanie over at A Year of Slow Cooking.  I love to use my crockpot for busy days.  What's better than coming home after being gone all day to have a wonderful home cooked dinner waiting for you?  The only downfall to crockpot cooking is being at home all day while it cooks...it makes me really hungry!   For dinner yesterday we had Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Lasagna and the whole family said it is a keeper.  The first thing Greg said was I need a BIGGER crockpot, now that is a compliment if I ever heard one.  On a side note it is really good as leftovers...that's what I'm doing right now eating leftovers for lunch, so good.  I used to ask the question if everyone liked dinner and then I would make it again and they weren't happy about it.  So to avoid that confusion I now ask the question "would you want me to make this again?"  It has saved me more times than I would like to admit.  So now this goes into my list of dinner options...I love a good list!  Of course I did have to modify the recipe since I'm the only one that will eat peppers and Bleu cheese...thanks but I'll pass.  So this is how I made ours

uncooked traditional lasagna noodles (I used Tinkyada brand)
--4 cups cooked/shredded/frozen chicken

--jar of Prego pasta sauce
--1/4 cup Frank's buffalo wing sauce
----tub of ricotta cheese (15 oz)
--2 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella)
----1/4 cup of water (add at very end)


Mix the chicken, pasta sauce, and buffalo wing sauce in a bowl.  Put a little in the bottom of your crockpot, next layer noodles, ricotta, and shredded cheese, repeat until it's all gone I was able to get 3 layers.  Add the water to your pasta sauce jar and sloosh around, pour over the top of the lasagna.  Put lid on and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-9 hours.  Take lid off and let set for about 20 min. 
I made some garlic bread out of Ener-G Foods light tapioca loaf by toasting the bread then adding some butter and a little garlic powder, we use McCormick, and then just pop it in the oven for about 5 min. at 350. 
I was a little worried about it being too spicy but it wasn't.  Have you tried making Lasagna in the crockpot?

No comments:

Post a Comment